Monday, January 16, 2012

The joys of snowboarding and surfing

I gave snowboarding and surfing a try in the virtual world Second Life. I chose these sports because I thought they are quite similar. But it turned out that there were differentials between these activities. 

The start of snowboarding was a hard process for rookie. First you have to choose boots and a snowboard. Then you put them on you and after that you are ready to snowboard. But there is still a little problem. In my group, they, who had an animal character, snowboarding doesn`t work well. So in my opinion snowboarding needs the vast improvement. When it comes to surfing, it was very easy to start. You only must to click a surfboard and next select ride. Then you can just surf. To my mind designers and programmers could make snowboarding as easy as surfing. 

I had high expectations, but the experience was weak and it leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe I should have tried my hand at karting, for instance. I wouldn`t come back to snowboard, but I could think that one day I will enjoy the waves of Second Life again. These activities could suit little children, for example. All things considered, Second Life has got the potential for a good and addictive learning environment.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the comments! Too bad the photo doesn't show.

    ReplyDelete