Wednesday, November 14, 2012

In love with Greece
I want to tell you guys something about Greece. I have been there three times in my life, and I can tell you that it's one of the most beautiful places in world. Last time when I was there was in June.
                 I had been sick my first summer holiday week and waited for a trip all the time. It was very interesting to wait how the journey would go. Namely, there were only me and my parents going to that trip. However, we travelled to the island named Crete. Our hotel was in Platanias, little city near to capital of Crete, Chania. Flight to Chania took three and half hours, then we went with a bus to our hotel. Our accommodation was in the center of Platanias. It took only five minutes to go to shopping or cafe.

Food in Greece is just for me. Simply and delicious. They eat a lot of lamb and other meat in there. Especially I like kebabs called souvlaki.
                  Then I want to tell you about the best place in the world. If you like to lie on the beach, watch the people and enjoy the beautiful scenery, this is for you.
This place called Elafonisi, a long beach where you can wade hundreds of meters. Water is warm, nearly hot because it's so shallow. When I wade there, I found many little beaches where I can be on my own. I think this place is near the paradise. I burned a little in sun there and my next day went a little spoiled. But the place was worth it.
The rest of my holiday went pretty good. Delicious food, new friends, beach and European football championship games nightly. Vacation with parents wasn't so bad what I thought at the beginning.

By Nora T

No comments:

Post a Comment