Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Longboarding

Longboarding is a hobby, that anyone can relate to. It gives some challenge to a pro rider, but also is easy to begin for rookies. Longboard differs from a normal skateboard in many ways. Longboard has bigger trucks, wheels  and overall deck.
 Also longboard goes a lot faster, even 70 kilometers per hour at its best. Also just cruising and freeriding is a lot more comfortable than with a normal skateboard, because wider trucks and bigger wheels give you a smoother ride, and a longer rolling distance between the kicks. But, longboard has its bad sides, like more speed than you need in some cases, and therefore a chance of getting injured badly like I did last summer.
 It was a hot summer day, and I was riding down a small hill, with my button shirt opened. Then there came a real a-hole with his car, and started humping his horn like a madman. Then all ended in a less comfortable way. I flipped with my board and injured myself badly, and the driver didn't even stop and just kept going. From that flip I got seriously bad bruises all over my both hands, on to my ankle, and on to my hip. I also got a small rock underneath my skin, because of the incident.
 So longboarding has its good and bad sides, but I recommend you give it a shot.
By Roope P

No comments:

Post a Comment